This marks Price’s 8th career Tatts Finke win as well as FOX’s 8th straight Outright win. FOX-equipped vehicles took four of the top five places this year, with Brent Martin (3rd), Shannon Rentsch (4th) and Taylor Owen (5th) showing their skills.
How it unfolded
Price and Duncan won the Prologue and Day 1, with a 2nd place finish on Day 2 that gave them the outright win for the event in their TSCO-built Mitsubishi Triton Trophy Truck.
Price and Duncan were already on record pace on the outbound leg to Aputula (Finke) and they got back to Alice Springs in 3:21:46.02.
Price is now an eight-time King of the Desert in total, and still the only competitor to have achieved victory on both two wheels and four, the latter on six occasions.
“We’re stoked and it was a good run back,” an excited Price said at the finish line. “We didn’t push, we didn’t do anything crazy, I just can’t thank my crew enough for all their efforts.”
“We had a really good run yesterday, and the hardest part is that you don’t know what’s going on behind you. You push really hard, and the boys have done a great job with the truck; everything has turned out really good.”
- Supercharged XC and Gravel with the FOX 34SC and 32TC
- Jenn Jackson Rides the New FLOAT SL | Video
- Challenge Every Trail with the FOX 36 and FOX 34
- Unlock Your Enduro Racing Potential with the FOX 38, FLOAT X2 and DHX2
- Go West! A 2023 Overland Expo Pictorial
- Forged in Johnson Valley: 2023 King of the Hammers Edition Bronco
Click here for the latest corporate news.